We are hiring an experienced engineer to join our new Distribution Engineering team. This team will be focused on building new distribution channels for Ribbon’s data through existing healthcare platforms and launching new platforms to more seamlessly serve our customers’ use cases.
There are countless decisions and transactions that occur everyday across our healthcare industry to provide and pay for patient care. This team is responsible for ensuring that Ribbon is powering as many workflows as possible with its best-in-class data to drive high-quality outcomes for patients.
Functionally, this engineering team will be responsible for Ribbon’s expansion into full stack applications and platform integrations. This team will work across the entire stack and collaborate with Ribbon’s API Platform and Data Engineering teams to architect and build new products.
We are looking for a player-coach with a diverse technical skillset who is excited about discovering, launching, and iterating products in the 0-1 stage..
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
- Experience in leading a team of frontend and backend engineers
- Experience working across the full stack, from user experience, to API design, to infrastructure
- Expertise in designing scalable architecture for full stack applications
- Ability to collaborate with designers, product managers, and other cross-functional team members
- Desire to mentor, support, and develop engineers
- Desire to work closely with our customers to deeply understand their workflows and business needs
- Experience at a scaling startup and an understanding of tradeoffs between short-term and long-term approaches
- Experience building applications for EHRs or platforms
- Strong understanding of data modeling
- Lead Ribbon’s first fullstack engineering team: You will set the standard for how Ribbon discovers, architects, and builds applications.
- Develop, train, and mentor engineers: As a player coach, you will lead engineers by both example and direct mentorship.
- Explore and troubleshoot technical gaps: You will keep a critical eye on our technical strategy, identify gaps, and come up with creative solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: You will be the technical representative for the Distribution team, and will work cross-functionally across the org to achieve the company’s overall objectives and vision.