In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to act as Technical Lead on our Email Campaigns team, that is responsible for building customer facing full stack web applications. The ideal candidate is adept at writing robust, extensible, clean, and efficient code and has a knack for building production grade features, improving reliability, identifying gaps, working across teams, and leading the team to solve complex problems with the simplest and most efficient technical and architectural solutions.
Our stack consists primarily of Python on the backend, and Typescript and React on the frontend. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill sets. We use Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Datastore.
Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale
- Own projects end-to-end, including delivering architecture/technical designs, crafting, implementing, unit testing, deploying, and maintaining systems
- Work multi-functionally with product managers, technical program managers, engineering managers and engineers to deliver high quality products
- Identify strategies and gaps to improve code quality, coverage, and cleanliness
- Partner with QA teams to improve product reliability by enhancing integration, regression, and load testing
- Coaching and growing junior and mid-level developers through mentorship and leading by example
- Advising on standard methodologies for crafting and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies
- 8+ years of meaningful professional experience
- B.E./B.S. in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Mathematics or relevant field/equivalent work experience
- Track record of delivering high quality products and a knack for getting things done
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Passion for working with and mentoring engineers
- Deep understanding and domain expertise in product engineering and full stack development
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.