Namely is seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our growing team. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will lead by example in the design and implementation of major features and components of the Namely platform.
Our teams use a diverse set of tools and languages including C#, Go, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, and Kafka. We work with React and SPA’s in the front-end, and are investing in an API driven architecture, Event Sourcing and CQRS, powered by gRPC-based services.
We’ve built a strong engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul and rewrite of our Payroll Processing and Benefits Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs for internal and public consumption of our Human Capital Management (HCM) services
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, leading the way to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Design, create and own high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and drive best practices through code review
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across the organization
- Work on a cross-functional team(s), partnering across engineering, product, design, and business functions
- 8+ years experience designing, building, shipping and maintaining distributed web applications and services
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming languages, with C# or GoLang preferred
- Experience with Kafka or equivalent messaging bus
- Analytical mindset and an ability to identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- Working knowledge of relational databases and schema design principles
- Motivated, self-starter that is able to work both independently and in cooperation with a larger team
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.