Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join Procore’s mission to serve our underserved industry.
As a Staff Software Engineer on our Identity team, you’ll help create the core of our future application platform, empowering our teams to more efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore Platform.
In addition, your work will directly enable all experiences built on the platform to seamlessly flex, extend, and meet customer’s unique construction needs on a global scale. You’ll work and collaborate with Product, UX, and other cross-functional teams to deliver our Identity roadmap and initiatives.
This position has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices or work remotely from any U.S location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and development of Procore’s Identity platform in key areas
- Build underlying platform features that enable customization and platform extensibility by users, first or third party developers, and our application teams
- Contribute to core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Use a collaborative approach to lead tech design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Serve as a subject matter expert in a domain, including processes and software design that help guide others to create and maintain a healthy codebase
- Drive key teams that are building our next wave of technology design for the future of Procore.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- Experience in working and developing APIs through REST, gRPC, or GraphQL
- Experience with test driven development and architecture design principles
- Demonstrated expertise with building and/or significantly improving large features, support technological areas, and architecture initiatives
- Experience with different datastores (relational, non-relational, graph) a plus
- Experience in Social Networks, graphs, collaboration within software a plus
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.