Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP) built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer health. Customer Success Managers (CSMs) can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer (Backend) to join us and lead the future of the Insights and Intelligence product at Catalyst. As a senior member of the team, you will own the future architecture of our large scale data platform, and contribute significantly to our cross-team engineering best practices. If you thrive in a startup environment and/or are looking for more ownership and the ability to make a significant impact, we would love to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Set the technical direction for your team and lead architecture discussions on key considerations for future roadmap items
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact for our users and the business
- Collaborate with Product Managers, designers, and engineers to build enterprise-ready products in a fast paced environment
- Design and implement high performance, reliable, secure and scalable systems
- Foster the development of teammates through mentorship and coaching and drive initiatives for improving cross-team productivity & collaboration
- Work across teams to deliver analytics and customer insights in our platform
- Own our data processing pipeline, support data transformation and feature extraction in a streaming platform, and work to provide near real-time access to large amounts of customer data
- Define accessible, understandable and secure data architecture framework using industry standards and best practices
- Design and implement effective data solutions and models for high-frequency data operations
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of experience working on modern web applications and designing and building highly scalable web services
- Experience in data warehousing solutions and large-scale databases
- Experience in streaming architectures e.g. Kafka, Flink, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of Go, Python, or Ruby
- Deep understanding of data modeling best practices
- Thorough understanding of both OLTP and OLAP systems
- Experience in high concurrency distributed platforms
- Ability to handle large volumes of diverse data
- A love for shipping features that delight users and deep empathy for the customer experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to teammates and stakeholders, regardless of their experience or technical expertise
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including 100% paid medical insurance coverage for you, your partner, and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Personal Divvy account, to be used for team virtual lunches, monthly social events, health & wellness stipend
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.