Staff Software Engineer - Mobile Engineering & Developer Tools
mParticle is expanding and looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the Mobile Engineering and Developer Tools Squad! The mParticle platform is a critical extension of infrastructure for some of the biggest brands and their engineering teams, processing and delivering 10+ billion daily requests at low latency. mParticle's APIs and SDKs are used by some of the biggest apps and sites. On the Developer Tools squad, you will work together with a team of engineers and product managers to build products that developers love and trust.
The Developers Tools team is responsible for building world-class tools and experiences on top of mParticle's APIs. This team is the public face of mParticle's engineering team - releasing all tools as open source and often working directly with developers to build idiomatic libraries for their developer environments. As a Staff Software Engineer you'll have the opportunity to rethink mParticle's external SDKs and build APIs that other engineers will love and rely on. You'll also be able to drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement and internal presentation.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. Our ideal candidate has a strong balance of technical and people skill and is a proven mentor and technical leader.
If the above sounds interesting, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you!
- Drive the technical and product direction of the Developer Tools team, building multiplatform tools in Kotlin, Swift, and 10+ other languages and platforms for all of mParticle's APIs
- Mentor and lead engineers of all levels to ensure a high bar for code performance and stability, and advocate for critical infrastructure and software quality initiatives
- All mParticle SDKs are open source on Github and continuously deployed, and you'll be an owner of the majority of these repositories
- Represent the developer-voice to the product and broader engineering team
- Define the team's quality and style guidelines, and encourage those guidelines through in-depth code reviews
- A passion for developer experience. You provide feedback when you find incorrect docs and aren't afraid to open issues and PRs against open source repositories.
- 5+ years experience of iOS or Android, and experience with 2+ interpreted languages.
- Opinions and a high bar for software quality and availability, and connect the dots between those metrics and your customers' success.
- Ability to engage directly with customers to provide in-depth architectural recommendations when implementing mParticle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
At this time, mParticle will not be sponsoring visas for this roleAbout mParticle
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 145 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.