mParticle looking for a Staff-level Software Engineer to join our team! As a Software Engineer with a focus on Performance, you will work together with a team of other backend engineers, product managers, and designers to adapt the mParticle data pipeline, which processes 10+ billion daily requests at low latency, to serve the next 10,000 engineering teams.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. .
- Identifying key areas to improve the platform's performance and stability and implement changes as appropriate.
- Reimagine mParticle's core infrastructure and design it to be more efficient, cost effective, and performant all while maintaining excellent operational standards.
- Analyze complex systems to identify areas of performance improvement. Coding and performance tuning a large scale distributed requires creativity and a deep technical repertoire.
- Drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement and internal presentation. Provide technical project leadership using Agile methodologies. Mentor engineers in healthy best practices.
- Identify, plan, and execute key cost and infrastructure initiatives. Monitor, diagnose, and optimize cloud costs and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software, preferably in a SaaS or PaaS environment using .Net technologies.
- 3+ years of professional AWS / Distributed System experience
- Containerization (Docker)
- SQL / RDBMS
- NoSQL such as Cassandra, Scylla, Aerospike, DynamoDb
- Messaging (Kakfa, Pulsar, SQS)
- S3, Lambda, ECS, Kubernetes (K8s), ElasticSearch/ELK stack
- AWS Networking Concepts/Costs
- Understanding of web services development principles and high-volume applications requiring 24/7 uptime.
- Demonstrated technical / project leadership using Agile/Scrum.
*Unfortunately, mParticle is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.About mParticle
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 146 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.