At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a staff engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to own and lead the implementation of features in large-scale, distributed applications. You understand the concept of “separation of concerns” and have leveraged design patterns to solve technical challenges. You spend significant amounts of time directly assisting and leveling up other engineers. You look for signal in the noise, and can detect and resolve issues before they become problems.
As part of the wider Payment Experience team, the Time and Attendance team is primarily responsible for all aspects of time tracking within the Justworks application. This includes time entry, approvals processes, integrations with relevant third parties, reporting, etc. You will work closely with senior engineers to scope, design, and build new features and functionality in this area. Your initial focus will be integrating our clock in/out application with our main web application, including the timecard product.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Lead complex projects or changes that will benefit the entire organization
- Keep our code healthy and follow good practices, and motivate other engineers to do the same
- Provide guidance and support growth in other engineers across multiple teams
- Build features and functionality that our customers use directly, typically in an iterative fashion taking into account user feedback
- Minimum of 7 years of professional hands-on experience
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience proactively collaborating across different engineering teams
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Experience building APIs and/or webhooks
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails or React is strongly preferred, and we expect staff candidates to leverage a diverse skill set beyond these tools
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment