Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Reporting to the CTO, the Staff Software Engineer is a Technical Leader who will be heavily involved in the Architecture Evolution of Spring Health as part of the Engineering Leadership Team. You will be a champion of technical initiatives and work closely with our Product team to prioritize deliverables.
What you’ll be doing (Key Responsibilities)
- Exhibit a deep understanding of Spring Health products, how customers use them, and how they fit into the larger business
- Mentor others on how to maintain and continue to raise the level of quality in everything we produce
- Look for opportunities for process improvements and opportunities to exhibit leadership for organizational initiatives
- Take on complex requirements and distill them into a proposal of small deliverables
- Guide and discuss performance issues from customers and quickly provide solutions that align with product direction.
- Use the security features of our product and mentor others to ensure we adopt our own tools, while working closely with our security team
- Quickly pivot solutions based on feedback or complexity, effectively communicating reasons for the change and path forward to rest of your team
What we expect from you (Qualification ex. education, experience, etc.)
- 8+ years overall experience as a Software Development professional, with 2+ in leadership capacity
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Reach beyond immediate needs, independently considering the longer-term, and is always looking beyond for ways to have a broad impact.
- Address cross-team challenges related to customers, quality and security.
- Identify and prevent decisions that are not "two-way door decisions".
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change LivesWe build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will WinWe will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description