We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog’s Staff Engineers are our technical leaders operating at the forefront of technology, building solutions that take us through at least our next five years of growth.
- Be the technical owner of multiple pieces of critical architecture in your area of the business.
- Own delivery of the systems you architect from beginning-to-end, doing what it takes to get things shipped and at full scale in production.
- Dive deep into performance of systems; inventing new approaches that bring efficiency at scale.
- As an individual contributor, bring world class technical abilities to deliver industry leading systems in areas such as data visualization, virtual runtime profiling, and planet scale streaming.
- As a technical leader, bring experienced technical breadth and communication skills to tackling design and architectural problems spanning the organization, charting the right course, then leading delivery.
- Participate in the staff engineering community and help us learn from what the industry is doing and what we've built before, and so improve company wide standards around software and systems engineering.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 4+ years of technical leadership experience, either as a manager or technical leader
- Led the design and delivery of industry-leading systems, either in their unique depth of technical expertise needed and/or in their scope of impact across a company’s engineering org.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.