Staff Systems Engineer at Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to join our Tech Operations team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle millions of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a talented Staff Systems Engineer in this critical role, you will join and provide technical leadership to our Operations team running all of the global infrastructure as well as interface with other teams to guide our growth. With our extreme rates of traffic and growth and partnering with some brilliant developers and data scientists, you will be challenged to continuously learn and make clever use of cutting edge technology.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide technical leadership to an operations team running global production systems
- Join leaders to improve internal processes and drive long term strategy
- Capacity planning and growing the infrastructure to handle increasing traffic at a global scale
- Work with Developers to troubleshoot and optimize applications
- Collaborate with Security, DevOps, Systems, and Network engineers within Tech Ops to take ownership of large projects to improve our infrastructure and internal processes as well as drive long term strategy
- Work with Architects and Product teams to build new systems to achieve business goals with high visibility
You should apply if you have most of this:
- BS in Computer Science, related technology field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years Linux server administration (software, hardware, network troubleshooting)
- Experience utilizing Amazon Web Services and provisioning virtualized and containerized systems
- A firm grasp of all of the layers involved in a complex, high throughput, and low latency environment
- A love of troubleshooting, optimizing, and automating as much as possible
- Coding ability in Bash and Perl, Python, Ruby or similar
- Hadoop or other Big Data administration and optimization
- Relational and columnar database familiarity
- Network and systems security and optimization
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.