Strategic Business Development, Director at Stack Overflow
The Strategic Business Development, Director that will build and drive relationships with Stack Overflows partners to drive revenue. This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer. This role closely collaborates with sales as well as executive management to develop strong, lucrative, and positive relationships with our partners. A significant portion of this role will be dedicated to managing and expanding our partnership with Slack.
If you are the ideal candidate, you will already possess Adtech relationships with Saas-savvy companies such as Slack, Trend Micro, Splunk, and more. You will have a natural ability to network, build rapport, and explain the value proposition of Stack Overflow’s platform and tools. You also have experience in a sales role, and can qualify prospects (or partners for that matter) with probing questions. This is a sales role and therefore will have an annual quota and incentive package.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage strategic accounts with focus on establishing and growing the partnerships. Working closely with partner strategy to identify new partnering opportunities.
- Build, coordinate, and lead various go-to-market initiatives including internal, inter-company, intra-companies and external activities (customer and channel partners).
- Work closely with the product management, Tech BD, product marketing management and go-to-market sales and marketing teams to define the partnership ecosystem for key strategic partnerships.
- Build end-to-end partnerships and integrations with clear business and customer value that have significant measurable value for all parties.
- Build relationships with senior and management-level leadership internally and with partner companies.
- Evangelize Stack Overflow’s vision for community-based platforms and Slack, as well as our other products and services
- Coordinate with partners on events, talks, and other marketing events
- Manage coordination between partner technical resources and Stack Overflow’s internal Customer Success and developer teams
- Maintain and expand a network of contacts within the Saas and Slack communities
- Work with marketing team on events to establish tone, direction, content, and logistics
- Other partner development duties as assigned
- Director level or above experience in building strategic complex business relationships
- Experience in growing existing business as well as also developing new, innovative, and disruptive partnerships
- Scrappy and ability to operate with start-up resources and mindset
- Experience in Adtech, Saas, DevOps, B2B Cloud and Security Markets
- Experience in building meaningful partnerships and ecosystems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Partner Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or Finance) or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or graduate degree in management or technical field (optional).
- 7+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: Product Management, Partnerships, Partner business development, strategic partnership management
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily on Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.#LIRemote #BI-Remote