As a Streaming Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. Using a smart media asset workflow we manage both live and video on demand (VOD) streams with the goal of ensuring the highest quality for our members. Our team works with production to manage the automated ingestion of new media and we collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management. You should be comfortable seeing a project through from start to end; including identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, being able to describe to others why you chose the approach you did and then implementing the solution; you are both a thinker and a doer. You dream big and then make things happen. You should love automating things, we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Become a part of the core team that maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
- Experience with programming in Python or Go
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- The right person will possess significant hands-on implementation and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of video, visual effects delivering software architecture and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partner and customers.
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management
- Experience with video codecs and compression
- Experience working with content encoding and transcoding
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.