Supplier Quality Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE). You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement in the quality of our suppliers. You will work works with Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Reliability teams to ensure that Latch delivers the highest-quality products and processes to customers. You will be ensuring Latch suppliers meet quality goals and performance measurements.
- Represent Latch to identify and implement action to resolve supplier quality issues; reduce failure rates and supply reliable products to Latch
- Work with cross-functional team to support the CLCA process relative to EE and ME components
- Develop quality foundation in contract manufacturers from IQC, IPQC, and OQC
- Early engagement with sub-supplier for component quality improvement
- Utilize PLM and QMS tools to track supplier quality performance and change management
- Participate New Product Readiness Reviews with Product team, and provide statistical analysis to evaluate supplier quality performance (lot to lot or within lot), and identify potential risks and proceed with corrective actions
- Utilize product and process lessons learned to drive preventative actions and improve plans
- Conduct regular supplier quality process audits (QPA)
- Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics in the factory and field, and plan on addressing any issues
- MS/BS in ME or EE
- Familiar with quality tools such as DFMEA, SPC and CLCA etc.
- Minimum 5 years supplier quality management
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and assembly quality/process experience with small volume, high-variety production
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and quality management in metal finishing, electroplating, painting, die casting, and CNC
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- LSS Green Belt certified, ISO certified quality auditor
- IoT/Smart lock industry experience
- Arena, Looker, Power BI, Minitab/JMP experience
- Mortise and lock assembly experience
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice