Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Engineering at Cedar builds, deliveries and maintains these products. Sustained Engineering is a team at the core of Engineering that is responsible for the consistent delivery of our product from identification and resolution of bugs and small feature enhancements through to incident/problem management and holding a high bar for engineering quality across the company.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced Sustained Engineering Lead to join our team and level-up this core function, partnering with us as we grow a world-class Engineering organization. They will be responsible for leading hands-on work across our entire product suite. This will involve diverse work, operating nimbly by leading a team to identify and resolve a production bug in our data pipeline at one moment, and adding a table filtering feature in our React application the next. In addition, the Sustained Engineering Lead will partner with Engineering Management to evolve our tools and processes for managing issues and incidents, formalize the handover of features from our product engineering teams and share knowledge to improve our best practices across all of Engineering. This individual will work closely with other engineers across the organization as well as Product so excellent communication skills and a collaborative mentality are critical. This is a technical leadership position that does not include people management in its current scoping, though there is longer term potential for this.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers within the Sustained Engineering function across Cedar’s suite of products
- Ensure technical issues within the Cedar platform are resolved quickly and with the highest quality solutions
- Manage incidents and problems throughout their lifecycle, from identification to resolution and improvement
- Maintain a broad and deep knowledge base across our entire product
- Work across Software Engineering teams to share learnings, drive best practices and escalate major issues
- Partner with Product to appropriately prioritize issues and formalize feature handover processes
- Partner with Engineering Management to build the necessary tools and processes for this function
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of professional software development in both frontend and backend
- Experience with technical leadership over a team of software engineers
- Experience with Python, Django, React and Postgres (also Redis, Celery, Elastic and Snowflake desirable)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience owning a product from a technical standpoint from inception through growth and sustain (ideally also to sunset)
- Experience in a support/sustained engineering environment
- Experience with ITIL Service Operations desirable
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020 (Up from 50,000 in January)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office