SVP of Infrastructure at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
Reporting to the CTO, the SVP of Infrastructure is principally responsible for company-wide technologies and practices that support the CLEAR platform and CLEAR employees. Your purview will include cloud infrastructure, network, telephony, field technology, internal and external support operations, as well as all vendor management and department budgeting.
We’re seeking a customer-centric, technology forward, and respected thought-leader in the evolving world of infrastructure. You have successfully architected and implemented large scale enterprise solutions in agile, cloud environments with mission critical applications through a DevOps lens. You empower your teams with a player coach, servant leadership approach driven by metrics.
What you will do:
- Own oversight of CLEAR's core infrastructure including the system architecture, enabling scale, and monitoring
- Research the latest in infrastructure best practices, ensuring CLEAR’s continuous improvement.
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain technology processes across the company to meet company-wide information security and assurance needs.
- Support application development efforts to incorporate new and/or additional infrastructure and automation to support critical business initiatives
- Partner with relevant teams to stay in lock-step with software plans, testing, and deployment
- Successfully manage all strategic vendor relations with the goal of optimizing the infrastructure portfolio
- Work with engineering, product, and business leads to drive efficient and cost-effective utilization of CLEAR’s infrastructure investment
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience managing teams in a 24x7 operational environment
- Deep understanding and hands-on design, application, and operation of cloud based services (AWS preferred)
- Experience managing a geographically distributed network of end-user devices, encompassing point-of-sale type appliances, purpose-built kiosks, and traditional end-user-compute endpoints (laptops, mobile)
- Experience in DevOps and DevSecOps, with a proven track record of leading teams to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Experienced working with diverse systems and a large infrastructure requiring the highest level of security needs
- Experience with regulatory, compliance, and audit requirements such as FISMA/FedRAMP, HIPAA, PCI, and SOC2 and how to design and operate infrastructure and DevSecOps practices within them
- You constantly ask for the “why” to influence business leaders on industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new processes and system alterations; you’re comfortable challenging the status quo in support of technology excellence
- Proven oversight of vendor relationships, budget management, and infrastructure cost accounting. Prior PnL responsibilities a plus
- Impeccable collaboration and communication excellence, across levels and stakeholders