Systems Developer, Radiology Informatics at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s focus on advancing patient-centered cancer care has shaped every aspect of our Department of Radiology, including our staffing, imaging equipment, organizational structure, and beyond. The mission and vision of the Radiology Informatics Team at MSK is to harmonize imaging and information systems to generate, extract, organize, and connect medical information in order to enhance patient care & safety, streamline radiology workflow, facilitate education, and enable new medical discovery.
- Excited about information technology and new trends in the healthcare industry
- Passionate about actively learning through experimentation when tackling new obstacles
- Devoted to building and delivering solutions that meet patient's expectations
- Enthusiastic about building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Develop applications that generate, extract, organize, and connect medical information residing in a variety of repositories, including the hospital medical record, Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication system (PACS), and in custom databases developed in-house.
- Facilitate data workflows and analysis between Radiology and external departments via research archives such as XNAT
- Responsible for data integration and reporting, as well as business intelligence and data mining.
- Develop in house tools for data analysis and presentation, and additionally utilize commercially–available tools for dashboard development.
- Participate in or help to coordinate both interdepartmental and intradepartmental organization-wide projects as requested.
- Provide technical, organizational, creative, or clerical support to established and new project initiatives in support of research and clinical operations.
- Provide user support for applications developed in house and commercial applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science/Engineering or Related Information Systems fields
- 5 years of experience in programming fundamentals with deep understanding of client/server and database environments
- Expertise in database development, maintenance, and query
- Programming expertise in C#, Python, APIs, Windows Services
- Understanding of JSON, XML file formats
- Understanding of data analytics and dashboarding
- IT proficiency, including Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems, networking, spreadsheets, word-processing, and presentation software
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.