BetterCloud has offices in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco. We are currently seeking new talent in Salt Lake City, Denver, and Austin.
BetterCloud is the leading SaaSOps platform that enables IT professionals to discover, manage and secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, and publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market and category.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA. The company's total amount raised to date is $187 million. Investors include Warburg Pincus, Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Greycroft Partners.
We are a high energy, fast paced software company, that's seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team. We are looking for engineers who love building software, regardless of the languages or tech stack they’ve used in the past. If you’re a solid engineer we’ll help you learn the specifics of a particular language on the job.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes ReactJS on the front end, Java (primarily) on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
- 1+ years experience with Java or some other object-oriented language
- Demonstrated experience enhancing or creating software engineering and support processes.
- A passion for learning and working with cutting edge technologies
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A bachelor's degree or relevant experience in computer science or engineering
- Familiarity with distributed stream-processing and pub/sub messaging systems such as Kafka or Flink and with Functional Programming (especially Scala or Kotlin), a major plus
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- The Tactical Software Engineer (TSE) will be responsible for leading engineering responses to urgent issues as well as shoring up protections around daily operations of production environments. This includes creation and ongoing maintenance of support processes, procedures, templates, tools, etc for the team.
- Working closely with Customer Support (CS) leadership to mature processes between the two orgs/functions and acting as incident response coordinators sharing this responsibility with Engineering leaders and on-call support team members.
- TSEs will be responsible for metric development, tracking, reporting and managing overall awareness of application health across BetterCloud. They will work with the Data and Analytics (D&A) team to ensure reporting follows existing company metric management cadence.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.