We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Windows Agent team at Datadog is a center for excellence to help other teams build features that will provide best in class monitoring in the Windows ecosystem. The team will write code to collect data for system, network, and security monitoring on systems running Windows. The team writes integrations for services that customers run on Windows, and ensures the installation and operation of the agent is highly performant and efficient in resource utilization.
As Engineering Team Lead for the Windows Agent team, you’ll manage a distributed team of talented engineers who will work on features and integrations to give Datadog users who run Windows the best possible experience. You will work with product managers to determine which features and integrations will be built by the team, and work with a community of open source developers as they contribute other integrations.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Work with product managers to prioritize features
- Work with engineers and leads on other teams
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have experience building and shipping software that runs on Windows.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have experience creating MSI installers
- You have significant systems programming experience with the Win32 API
- You have experience creating Windows drivers
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python
Is this you? Let's chat!
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.