Team Lead (Manager) - Geolocation Services at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa). While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 225,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
At Grubhub, location is very important to the diner experience. The Geo Services team is tasked with designing, building and maintaining the Grubhub geocoder and related location services. As a technical lead of the team, you will collaborate with data science, product, marketing, and other engineering teams to explore opportunities to improve our location intelligence to expand and grow the business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Take technical responsibility for the geolocation services - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the geolocation services suite of products.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
- Write and maintain a clean, well-tested, and well-documented code.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years experience with technical leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience with service oriented, RESTful API design
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- Familiarity or experience with geolocation-related development is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them
- Remote Working. No need to be NYC or Chicago based feel free to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.