We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a team lead to take our Cloud Security program to the next level. The Cloud Security team is chartered with keeping our systems secure across multiple cloud environments. As team lead, you will lead a team to engineer solutions to assess security, prevent attacks, remediate vulnerabilities and drive down risk.
You will lead the engineering efforts and partner with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, build paved roads that establish secure-by-default configurations, and detect and protect critical threats that may impact our products.
You will establish the proper relationships to understand support models needed by teams as well as establish the proper metrics to show continuous improvements.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, data analytics, and software engineers.
- Develop and lead the Cloud Security team including leading the technical direction, engineering solutions and developing your team
- Partner with Datadog’s product management teams by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Assist in the development of strategic roadmaps that align product and team developments to business requirements and top security risks
- Engineer solutions to scale security baseline checks against cloud resources and develop automated remedial workflows to drive preventative security measures
- Create and evangelize a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Experienced building cutting-edge software engineering teams
- Experienced leading cloud security teams
- Experienced designing capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivated and able to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship, coaching and development
- Aware of the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- Comfortable in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Dedicated to correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of security
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.