Team Lead, Security Engineering - Secure Design at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a technical lead to develop a new team named Secure Design to build security into the DNA of Datadog. This team will primarily focus on performing secure design reviews, threat models and risk assessments for our internal products and systems. This team will innovate and engineer systems to scale reviews to minimize friction and provide guidance at scale.
You will lead the team to partner with various engineering teams to ensure security concerns are addressed, assist in engineering design decisions and build creative solutions to drive down risk.
Your team will have an opportunity to work with every major engineering team in the company and be a part of the decision making process and the solution for large company initiatives.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, software and security engineers.
- Lead and grow a team of 4-6 talented software and security engineers who are responsible for risk assessments, secure design reviews, threat models and security guidance
- Lead engineering initiatives to develop platforms and tools to scale design reviews
- Partner with Datadog’s product management teams by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Lead and grow the team to become SMEs across multiple security domain environments including infrastructure, application security, cloud security etc
- Provide guidance and strategy on how to reduce the risk across the company including mergers and acquisitions, B2B partnerships and 3rd party data sharing
- Create and evangelise a world-class partnership program with engineering teams to guarantee success of the mission
- Proven experience building cutting-edge software engineering teams
- Proven experience with secure design reviews, threat modeling and engineering platforms
- You have designed capabilities that scale to support a large set of teams and built production-ready services
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Understand the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of an engineering solution
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.