Team Lead, Security Engineering - Threat Response Engineering at Datadog (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a Team Leader for Incident Response Engineering to build and manage a growing team and to take Datadog’s response capabilities to the next level. The mission of Threat Response Engineering is to rapidly respond to, and contain breach attempts from threat actors.
You will build and own solutions to quickly contain and eradicate threats, and streamline our security incident response processes with the business. You will establish metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements of the Threat Response Engineering capabilities and execute on your proposed strategy for improvements.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically.
- Manage and grow a team of talented analysts and engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Improve the company’s ability to respond to threats by leading new technology selection, configuration, internal product development, obtaining-buy-in, and implementations with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Establish a set of measurable metrics that reflect the baseline of all security operations functions and drive for improvements
- Detailed process management to ensure audit trails of activities are reviewed and follow policy and audit requirements
- Scale the organization to accommodate for hyper growth
- Contribute to shaping the future of the security organization
- Partner with Datadog’s product management team by becoming a customer of our security products and champion areas of improvement
- Represent Datadog in the digital forensics and incident response community
- Proven track record of building a team with security operations capabilities
- Clear experience building effective partnerships with internal customers to improve on short-term and long-term security operations in the service of the business
- Focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization that is geographically separated
- Motivation and ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Able to take risks and move out of comfort zone by allowing teams to design new techniques and approaches that drive meaningful change
- Prior experience building security operations functions for a product or cloud-native company
- Participated in large scale breach detection/response programs
- Ability to pragmatically guide external stakeholders, leadership, and team through crisis
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- CISSP, CISM, OSCP, or similar certifications
- Built out detection and response programs for a SaaS or cloud-native company
- Led large incident response situations in the past
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.