Who We Are
Yieldmo is an advertising technology company that operates a smart exchange that differentiates and enhances the value of ad inventory for buyers and sellers. As a leader in contextual analytics, real time technology, and digital formats, we create, measure, model, and optimize campaigns for unmatched scale and performance. By understanding how each unique impression behaves and looking for patterns and performance in real time, we can drive real performance gains without relying on audience data.
What We Need
We’re looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join our Video Engineering Team. You should be someone who values code quality and delivering outcomes. As a seasoned Engineer you will be a subject matter expert in one of the following areas: distributed systems, marketplaces, frontend development, backend development or ad tech with a focus on video. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all areas, we do expect that you have enough experience to debug production issues, lead technical designs and implement new features.
You will be responsible for enhancing and supporting our video ad serving capabilities. This team will build technology that will interface with consumers in environments such as mobile, desktop, CTV and OTT. The job requires excellent communication and time management skills. You will be converting requirements and ideas from the Product Team into work that Engineering can action on. You are comfortable working with both technical and non technical stakeholders.
You will lead the technical quality, execution, and delivery of user stories for the Video Engineering Team.
- Architect and implement technical solutions for our video ad experiences in mobile, desktop, CTV and OTT
- Code, debug, test, automate, and support video formats and features
- Mentor junior developers and guide them toward successful contributions
- Enforce coding standards across the team
- Project manage and deliver against our video roadmap
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to deliver complex solutions
- Partner with product owner and drive towards hitting goals
- Ensure team delivers successfully against user stories
- Work with product owner on sprint planning, backlog grooming and generating stories
- Expert level Java skills
- At least 6+ years experience in software development
- Familiarity with ad tech working directly for or with an Ad Server, SSP or DSP
- Familiarity with OpenRTB
- Experience building scalable low latent products (100s of billions of daily requests, sub 150ms response times)
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with the AWS ecosystem
- Exposure to Python, Node, Vert.x, Golang
- Experience with pub/sub, queuing, key/value technologies
- Experience with video advertising standards such as VAST, VPAID, MRAID
- Experience with connected TV advertising platforms or measurement data
- White glove service to help you upgrade your home office
- 1 Mental Escape (ME) day each month to fully unplug and recharge
- Work life balance, flexible PTO and competitive compensation packages
- A generous learning stipend and other opportunities for professional development