Tech Lead - Digital Engineering at Peloton
The Engagement team at Peloton builds products and features to our subscribed customers (Bike, Tread, Digital). We are constantly deepening our UI to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital products. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of digital platforms that deliver this amazing user experience.
- The Digital offerings at Peloton is focused on bringing the “best in class” fitness experience to users outside of our Bike. You will be working to define a vision around the strategy, tech and team that will be apart of this ever evolving initiative. You will be partnering with stakeholders across the organization and will be growing and leading a team to deliver high quality apps to promote the Digital experience.
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance based culture within the team.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management and UX in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Establish team level KPIs to measure effectiveness of team’s output and impact to customer Engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in mobile development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed mobile applications commercially into production
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership or technology management
- Experience with functional language/design
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify strength and weakness of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.