Tech Lead Engineer at Gympass
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
As the Tech Lead, you will be managing a team of top notch engineers and working closely with our tech team in São Paulo, Brazil. Your role will include managing productivity through checking quality issues, helping develop your reports’ technical skills, and deploying tools such as Agile methodology in order to drive projects to timely completion
- Define, implement and track squad metrics
- Provide solutions and implement new features in order to improve the platform interaction.
- Lead Integration projects with ERP's from gyms and client companies
- Collaborate with other areas of the company and company stakeholders to understand problems, analyze opportunities and seek solutions;
- Correction of any issues or bugs on the web page;
- Interface with other Technology divisions (Product Design, Product Management);
- Maintain and report engineering evolution roadmap
- Language Development: Ruby On Rails, Python, Elixir, Java or Scala;
- Provide solutions and implement new features to improve the platform;
- Refactoring and code optimization;
- Architecture Definition
- Management of specific squad engineers, front and back end (50% technical management , 50% people management.
You Should Have....
- Experience with web / mobile product development;
- Technical experience with data analysis and reporting, analysis and insights;
- Knowledge in managing support channels and help content is desirable;
- Be able to make pragmatic decisions, understanding the most relevant aspects and what can be dealt with later;
- Ability to analyze complex processes and make them simple, friendly and intuitive;
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodologies;
- Ability to structure projects and tasks independently;
- Experience in agile development environments;
- Experience in project management and / or routines to achieve goals;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to make it happen.
- Computer Science, Engineering and similar training.
- Minimum five years of development experience in two or more languages, including: Java, Scala, Ruby On Rails, Python or Elixir
- Ability to identify possible language code flaws and provide solutions
- Database Knowledge: MySQL
- Experience with Ruby On Rails will be considered differential.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Employee Health Insurance covered 100%
- Company subsidized Gympass on us, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch.
- Competitive PTO that starts on Day 1 and a floating holiday to be used for religious reasons
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.