Tech Lead - Full Stack Web Products (Healthtech) at Imagen Technologies
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We’re looking for a staff-level Tech Lead to shape the technical vision and implementation of our web-based products that are critical to creating and understanding the data that powers our AI-based products. This role is a great fit for candidates with several years of software engineering experience delivering full-stack web applications, especially internal tools or analytics systems.
Our ideal teammate is someone who wants to build technology that will directly save patient lives. You are focused on impact over elegance. You will always hold the patient above all else. You are highly technical and have a track record of making impactful contributions on technically challenging problems.
- Hands-on, high-impact, high-leverage technical contribution
- Lead the technical development of creative solutions that will ultimately save patient lives -- guide and review roadmaps, designs, plans and estimates, and development for our most critical web products
- Be a partner to product, leading technical decisions across cross functional teams that will include software engineers, machine learning researchers, clinicians, and operations analysts to ensure we are building the right product
- Champion software development practices that ensure patient safety
- Be a technical mentor to both our machine learning research engineers and software engineers ensuring we are holding high standards and building excellent medical devices
- Mission-driven and passionate about building technology that will directly save patient lives
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, navigating and communicating short- and long-term trade-offs and always keeping the goal of helping patients above all else
- Good judgement and bias toward backing opinions with data
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments
- Experience with multiple web stacks and strong grasp of web infrastructure (everything from AWS to webpack)
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience
This role is based in New York, NY.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.