At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are a cybersecurity company that protects enterprises from bot attacks to keep digital experiences human. We have the most advanced Human Verification Engine that protects applications, APIs, and digital media from bot attacks, preventing losses and improving the digital experience for real humans. Today, we verify the humanity of more than 10 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest enterprises and platforms across the internet.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Human Verification Engine protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The Platform Engineering team's mission is to improve the leveraging of other HUMAN employees to protect the Internet. We deliver tools and products that act as a platform for the rest of engineering and detection to focus and deliver on their missions more efficiently.
We're looking for a Tech Lead Manager on the Cloud Platform team to join our ranks to help us identify, plan, build and deliver the most impactful projects to drive our mission.
What you will do:
- Write code for backends (Golang/Python), front-ends (VueJS), deployment scripts (Bash/Python), cloud infrastructure (Terraform) and system configurations (Bash)
- Use knowledge of relational and non-relational data stores to persist data appropriately for different systems and use-cases
- Manage a team and collaborate with teammates in technical discussions, documentation and code reviews
- Manage and participate in an on-call rotation for team-owned systems
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure alignment of work
- Deliver software that enables critical internal processes, such as continuous deployment, bot fraud investigation and data ingestion and processes
Who you are:
- You love learning.
- You lead by example.
- You love making people’s lives easier.
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously.
- You are open, collaborative and transparent in how you work.
- You have both breadth and depth of software engineering expertise.
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about code and systems.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Annual WFH budget
- Extraordinary coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Life at HUMAN:
Our HQ office is located in NYC, but we have HUMANs all over the world. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, work/life harmony, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We have offices located in NYC, Virginia, Victoria, and London, and remote HUMANs in cities around the globe.
We work with most of the largest platforms and enterprises on the planet. We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission. We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and, creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of HUMANs have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.