Trialspark is a technology company bringing new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, trials are an intensely manual process. Data are collected via pen and paper, binders of physical documents are transported from site to site, and clinical results are audited by hand. The process is further complicated by the required coordination of numerous parties, including doctors, patients, research coordinators, data managers, and trial monitors. Inefficiencies such as these result in trials costing hundreds of millions of dollars and fewer than 10% finishing on time.
We believe that engineering and technology is foundational in reimagining the clinical trial experience. At Trialspark, we’re building a single technology and data platform to power full clinical trials, streamlining complexity and ultimately reducing the cost and time of delivering a new treatment.
We’re an engineering-first organization. Engineering can, and should have an impact on everything that we do. As a Tech Lead at Trialspark, you’ll oversee the growth and technical direction of a team of engineers.
- Engineering: You will ship product to achieve our mission and deliver infrastructural improvements to improve the efficiency of the entire team.
- Mentorship: You will play a key role in guiding engineers in their technical and career growth.
- Technical direction: You will make core technical decisions, guiding architecture and infrastructure changes as we scale.
- Engineering leadership: You will advocate for the engineering team around the company and externally.
- Culture setting: You will develop our engineering culture and help Trialspark retain its engineering-first identity as we grow.
- Planning: You will work across the org to gather product requirements and plan projects, capacity, and roadmaps for your team.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in technical roles with an emphasis on delivering product
- Have 1+ years of management experience on an engineering team
- Excited to take a lead role on a cross-functional product team
- Love to mentor other engineers
- Have demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams
- Work well with a cross functional team that includes others from design, product, operations and sales
- Able to talk about engineering problems, roadblocks, and solutions in a way that makes sense to non-technical people
- Stay up to date with modern web technologies
- Are flexible in a fast-changing startup environment
- Care about having a positive impact on the world
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.