Technical Director, Frontend Platform at Zipari
What You'll Be Doing
- Defining the technical roadmap for the platform and executing upon the roadmap.
- Leading & motivating a team of engineers to hit their objectives & deliverables.
- Mentoring Engineering Managers & Engineers to help them grow in their skills and careers.
- Providing direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration.
- Providing documentation for other Zipari engineering & product teams on platform integration.
- Estimating resource requirements for product development, coordination with product and engineering teams on deliverables.
- Ensuring teams follow the standard operating procedures, project guidelines, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Conducting/Participating in daily scrum meetings for product development and client Implementations.
- Participating in product leadership meetings to discuss strategic initiatives.
- 8+ years in building complex software applications (preferably in a SaaS type model); 3+ as a hands-on engineer
- 5+ years of software development management experience
- Strong experience in building & leading high-performing engineering teams
- Experience building complex administrative tools, used for powering/configuring separate applications
- Familiarity across the entire technology stack (frontend, backend, infrastructure). You don’t need to be an expert in each, but you should have strong/working knowledge in how each works.
- Experience with frontend frameworks, such as Angular, React, etc.
- Experience with CSS frameworks, such has Tailwind, Material, etc.
- Experience with frontend tooling, such as RxJS, SystemJS, Webpack, a plus
- Familiarity with building off a core design system
- Familiarity with low-code/no-code type platforms and how they’re built/run
- Experience developing and managing REST & GraphQL services
- Experience working with Agile development methodology
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
- Exceptional communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Flexible working hours
- Support for remote work during COVID-19
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Advanced certification and training opportunities
- All Hands Meeting every month hosted by the leadership team
- Casual dress