Technical Lead - Campus
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub Campus Dining (formerly known as Tapingo) is looking for a Backend Technological leader who will revolutionize the way college students order their food by enabling them to order ahead, pick up their food and save time. In 2019 alone we saved 50 years of waiting in line to our over 500K Campus Diners. We are working on providing a one stop shop for our diners combining Tapingo Campus platform with Grubhub marketplace delivery platform.
As a tech lead in the Grubhub Campus Dining group you’ll lead the development of new products that serves millions of diners across the world. You’ll have to master various technologies, understand the architecture in order to find the right scalable robust solution for business problems. The complete picture. You’ll need to communicate between different teams in different locations including engineers, product, security, infrastructure and develop new robust product to grow our business.
This is not an ordinary challenge, we are facing real-life problems that have a direct impact on people’s lives. As a Lead Engineer, you will own and build highly-scalable world-class products. You’ll need to get your hands dirty in state of the art technologies and push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - build new services and functionality, be on the lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with system engineers to increase the scale our production systems will operate at while performing at their peak
- Work with product, tech, and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the enterprise order taking suite of services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable applications.
- Experience as tech lead, Architect or senior engineering positions.
- Mastering at least one language: Java & Python.
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL Databases, know when to use each and why.
- Experience in building distributed micro-services on cloud infrastructures (AWS and Kubernetes as a bonus)
- Experience with leading projects in system design, architecture changes, and technology selection.
- Experience designing and developing testable, rapidly deployed performant software.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.