Technical Lead, Core Marketplace
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
The Core Marketplace team powers fundamental components of our stack while also building across TpT to create a first-class customer experience.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Technical Lead, your primary focus will be overseeing the development and delivery of products and features for the team. You’ll do this by:
- Writing code, but scaling up your impact through team leadership and technical project management
- Mentoring other engineers on the team to improve their skills
- Overseeing technical decisions for the team
- Managing technical debt and code quality
- Monitoring and maintaining the team’s products in production
- Collaborating with product management and design to scope and refine projects
- Working with the team to improve processes and keep things running smoothly
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with testing and monitoring resilient systems at scale
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, and teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Credit for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js, React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor