Technical Lead, Hardware
Latch is seeking a highly skilled Technical Lead, to be based in New York, to focus on Hardware while working cross-functionally in our engineering organization. You will help build an access platform that enables brand new experiences such as keyless entry and unattended deliveries.
In this highly visible role, you will work directly with our SVP of Engineering, Director of Product, Director of Hardware, VP of Software and VP of Firmware. If you’re excited by the chance to manage the intersection of hardware development groups and product managers, then you will feel at home as the system architect for exciting new products. From new hardware-related features, to core infrastructure and security, this role will help connect the technical product architecture to the product requirements. You will build and maintain the core bedrock and infrastructure on which the rest of Latch runs to deliver experiences that cross the boundaries of hardware and software.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work directly with the Director of Product, Director of Hardware, VP of Firmware, and VP of Software to define product engineering architecture through definition and development.
- Own hardware product architecture for new products working closely with Product
- Managers and Engineering Managers across the product lines.
- Drive concept definition, cross functional design reviews, and address integration concerns.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to efficiently define new product requirements.
- Improve and manage product definition and development lifecycle process
- Own Engineering requirements and documentation, and ensure engineering, product and design teams are completely aligned on what is being built and when using communication tools such as Confluence and Wrike
- Investigation of new technologies and technical industry research exploring new technologies, and hardware trends to support next generation products and product roadmaps
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, MS/PhD preferred
- 8+ years in product design and development
- Lead engineer or system architect on at least 2 products
- Experience with System Design for ID & Mechanical Design Layout.
- Must have a foundation in EE, high speed and RF a plus
- Experience interacting between Software, Firmware and Hardware development teams
- DFM knowledge for manufacturing processes involving mid to high volume production
- Design for compliance and hardware certifications (FCC, EMI, ESD, and Safety etc)
- Justify design changes and author high quality engineering requirements and specifications
- Organized leader with excellent written and verbal skills, ability to present ideas clearly across the organization and overseas with a ruthless attention to detail
- Proven capability to solve technical problem.
- A self-starter
- Strong product and user experience instinct - you have delivered products that had an edge in human-computer interaction
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills
- Experience taking products to market internationally, a plus
- Experience in both a startup and larger company environment a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice