Technical Lead Manager, Billing at Noom
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Tech Lead Manager to build and lead our Payments & Subscriptions Engineering team. This position reports to our Director of Platform Engineering and will be responsible for contributing directly to the codebase and building a new team dedicated to creating and managing the systems that are used for payments and subscription management across our entire line of products.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 70% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have at least 4-6 years of experience working on billing systems in a B2C environment, supporting millions of transactions per month and complex, subscription-based payment structures.
- You are familiar and have worked with worldwide payment systems such as debit/Interac, ELV, JCB, and so on.
- You have experience working on systems that requires Level-1 PCI compliance.
- You have previously worked in an environment that must be compatible with audited financial controls. Knowledge of ASC 606 is a plus!
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You have a proven track record of growing engineering teams through great hires, fostering the creation of a harmonious culture, and finding the right intersection between expediency and best practice.
- You’re a great mentor, and enjoy helping other engineers grow and realize their full potential.
- You take your job very seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously!