Technical Lead, Member Engineering at Peloton
Peloton engineering is looking for an experienced technical leader to develop and deploy scalable engineering solutions to enable best-in-class Member experience and support. In this role you will partner with Peloton’s Engineering, Content and Member Experience team’s to categorize, troubleshoot and develop scalable solutions to improve Peloton’s products. This role will allow you to apply your passion for technology, problem-solving and consult with a range of stakeholders on creating and executing a “best in class” Fitness experience for our members.
You will be responsible to define a vision around the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve success. In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop global infrastructure and define actionable data that keeps “improving quality” top of mind.
- Be the point of contact for the Engagement organization, responsible for organizing our approach across Peloton hardware and Digital offerings
- Respond to failure analysis requests from customer and Peloton staff and stakeholders in a timely manner
- Conduct failure analysis on field issues until root cause is determined based on:
- Controlled testing of suspect Hardware, System Software (Firmware) or Application software
- Engagement of internal engineering departments and vendors
- Work with customers, internal teams and vendors to manage implementation of solution and help manage change control
- Proactively support field sustaining activities by
- Developing soft tools (e.g.: diagnostics, test scenarios, stressors, debug software packages and/or Firmware updates)
- Preparing procedures, knowledge base articles and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct training of new issue/resolutions, new technical process & new tools
- Participate in product design and reliability reviews during new product development to ensure robustness of product design and manufacturing processes
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience of shipping production code
- Experience across 2 or more aspects of a technology stack (Cloud - Python/AWS, Android or Mobile - iOS, Web)
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Strong experience defining and analyzing Analytics
- Experience problem solving and fixing products
- Experience in prioritizing and time management
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.