Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're seeking a Technical Lead to partner with our Engineering Manager within the Patient Pillar of our engineering org. This Technical Lead will act as a senior individual contributor to our codebase while providing mentorship to team members and expressing opinions on implementation and design of Cedar’s applications.Responsibilities
- Lead by example: be a meaningful, hands on contributor while managing a team
- Play a key role in the architectural and implementation decisions of the Patient Pillar and articulate the impact of those decisions to Cedar’s team members
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and data science teams to continuously innovate on Cedar's products
- Be a part of the decision making process as it relates to scaling Cedar and our products
- Effectively communicate across makers and non-makers teams
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert at Python/Django
- Experience building complex web applications
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong in project management
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Based in the New York City area or willing to relocate
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Technical Lead who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.