Technical Operations Engineer
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is a Series B startup at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market. Our investors are top players in the Fintech and Wealth management world. We are creating a platform that lowers fees across the board and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We have a roadmap that has a promising chance to fundamentally change this industry for the better. Also we have WFH Fridays!
If you want to be part of a team that scales this business to a new audience and helps bring our architecture and processes to the next level, then we would love to hear from you.
We take a modern Agile approach to web development, trusting cross-functional squads to make bottom up decisions in terms of roadmap prioritization, technical choices, and day-to-day processes.
We want squads to be first class citizens, working as a team to define their roadmap and prioritization, that follows best practices in development, automation testing, deploying, and support.
Who are we looking for?
We are on the hunt for an engineer to join our Technical Operations team. The team sits in between our Sales, Operations, and Product Engineering teams, and is key to our ability to scale and operate efficiently. This individual will be working across our organization to streamline the flow of data both internally and externally, automate repetitive processes that solve problems quickly and efficiently. This engineer will support our integrations with payroll and HRIS systems, integrations and configurations of our third party operational tools like Salesforce and Nintex, provides data analytics, and helps triage and solve production issues.
- 1-5 years of experience as a business or data analyst.
- Ability to thoroughly understand business requirements, define solutions, and specify functional requirements.
- Strong experience in scripting languages, Python preferred.
- Proficient in SQL, and an understanding of database functions.
- Experience with integrations via API's, OAuth, JSON, XML, and other communication methods.
- Familiarity with workflow tools (e.g Salesforce, JIRA) and integration tools (e.g Zapier)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment and meet deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Early stage startup and/or financial services experience
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, WFH Fridays, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible, close to all transportation between Bryant Park and Herald Square in NYC. We offer relocation if needed. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
No third parties please!
Please note we don't ask about salary history from any applicant and salary history is not a factor in a hiring decision.