Technical Operations SRE at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure teams are key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: TechOps SRE
As a member of the TechOps team you’ll have a hand in building innovative and robust solutions to understand and manage both our exchange platform and underlying infrastructure. The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding technology inside and out, building automated systems to proactively detect and prevent issues, and helping developers scale the best products in the market, ensuring that they have the insight needed to choose the right direction; they possess a strong sense of ownership and a desire to produce excellent results on the first try.
- Design and build the monitoring, alerting and visualization platforms used by your fellow Engineering and Infrastructure groups
- Implement automated and proactive alerting and corrections to prevent or reduce downtime
- Automate our release processes
- Automate runbooks for service recovery
- Take part in troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnosing incidents and issues
- Drive a continuous improvement methodology to ensure we're always getting better at what we do
- Significant experience with Linux system administration
- Significant experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- 3+ years experience building, deploying, and using metrics collection and monitoring systems
- Keen sense of automation to create consistent and predictable services
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Understanding of IP network functionality (e.g., TCP, UDP, multicast)
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience in financial services (e.g exchange, market maker, latency-sensitive broker) or in a similarly regulated industry
- Experience running bare metal systems
- Experience with cloud platforms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.