Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications.About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and highly driven individual to manage programs and initiatives within engineering. Reporting to the Engineering Operations lead, this person will be responsible for enabling our engineering team by developing and executing engineering programs, from onboarding, to release planning (and more!). The ideal candidate will be able to understand the team’s needs and opportunities, bring together cross-functional groups to address them, and independently drive initiatives to completion. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions. You can look at the big picture and prioritize what’s most important for the engineering organization as a whole, while still rolling up your sleeves and executing on the details.You Will
- Drive process improvements across the engineering team (e.g., contractor management, coordinating release schedules, planning and delivery, etc).
- Drive operational excellence by managing regular reporting of engineering metrics.
- Develop and run an engineering onboarding program, partnering with people operations and engineers to ensure that our new hires are set up for success.
- Standardize and facilitate the creation of documentation on our internal platforms.
- Serve as the point person for ad-hoc projects, as required.
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our engineering processes and where we should be. This will include a deep-dive into our existing tools. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will run processes within the engineering team and continue to identify improvements to those processes.You Have
- 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience.
- Expertise and/or admin certifications in project management tools, specifically the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Management).
- Experience managing and delivering cross-functional programs and handling dependencies and multiple competing priorities.
- Motivated to think independently and to devise creative ways to continually improve our engineering organization.
- Analytical experience and comfortable using data to identify themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]