Technical Solutions Project Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking Technical Solutions Project Engineer to help support its rapidly expanding and evolving sales and deployment efforts across the country. You will be a key resource in delivering a seamless experience for our customers and their construction teams. You will be working alongside Latch Sales and Field Project Managers to ensure that Developers, General Contractors, Owner’s representatives, Latch installation partners and various subcontractors have all the resources they need to successfully implement our product system. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing technology hardware + software company during a pivotal stage of growth.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Conduct quantity takeoffs as needed for Latch scope and review project plans/specifications to gain complete understanding of how Latch fits into overall project
- Communicate with GC’s and subcontractors regarding project specifications, project scope, value engineering possibilities or any other items that relate to security system design
- Work in conjunction with Sales and Latch installation partners to ensure timely and accurate customer proposals
- Provide insight on contracting best practices for new construction projects as needed
- Support Field Project Managers with technical aspects of project planning and deployment
- Design and develop a team of technical solutions professionals to support Latch’s go to market strategy
- 5+ years experience in construction industry working directly with General Contractors; ideally with a security integration company
- Experience with contract administration
- Experience with construction estimating
- Experience with security system design
- Deep knowledge of low voltage systems
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice