Threat Intelligence Analyst at White Ops
At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and, sometimes quirky, hackers, intelligence analysts and software engineers who continuously hunt for threats, develop detection techniques, and share intel and attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers and keeping the internet human.
You should be passionately curious and strive to work smart and fast to help produce insights that White Ops has never seen before. You must use your skills to proactively identify new and emerging threats, hunt cyber threats to pinpoint nefarious activities on the internet and attribute these threats to botnets, campaigns, and actors.
What you will do:
- Lead and perform investigations to respond to threat detection and intelligence requests utilizing threat hunting or intelligence analysis best practices
- Perform research and author case studies and blog posts on bot detection
- Discover and track adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots and botnets
- Understand customer specific requirements and impact and exceed customer expectations
- Share security research topics through research talks, knowledge base and external engagements including media interviews and conference presentations
- Investigate threat intelligence and marker data for both anomalous and correlated events
- Develop techniques, tools and scripts to simplify yours and others work
- Contribute high impact work that substantially benefits team level metrics and OKRs
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better and faster
- You look for new, innovative ways to solve complex problems, ideally through rigorous experimentation, at times working independently .
- You are open, transparent, and work in tight collaboration with anyone
- You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations
- You have a track record of solving difficult problems
- You are naturally curious and passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have the ability, and more importantly, the passion to teach, coach, and mentor individuals and contribute frequently to educate the greater community
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Stock options, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.