Tools and Productivity Engineer at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
Do you get inspired by replacing today’s de facto process with a faster and safer automated solution tomorrow? Are your favorite customers your own coworkers? As a Tools & Productivity engineer at Simon you’ll build powerful features that are game-changers for both our own developers as well as our clients. The future of Customer Data Platforms and Marketing Cloud Platforms are moving toward self-service and visibility. Starting with features iterated on internally with our engineers and customer success team, you will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver this. From Day 1, you’ll be welcomed into a team that values transparency, education, and ownership.What You'll Do
- Relentlessly improve efficiency and process by crafting easy-to-use tools
- Cross-functionally collaborate and own the success and impact our of data pipes toolchain
- Embed yourself in our client development group and support them as they deliver customer requests and tasks
- Completely internalize our data ingestion process and visualize and implement the glue to evolve troubleshooting and process
- Be an active member of our mentorship program
- Build out tooling for a data development environment for our clients on our platform
- Drive technical requirements from high-level marketing and business needs of our end users
- Minimum of 2 years of in-depth software development experience designing, deploying and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, and Customer success)
- Comfortable writing and developing applications with Python and Django
- Passion for efficiency
- Strong affinity for collaboration
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.