Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
We're looking for a Training Lead to help us build effective and engaging educational offerings that speed up customer onboarding, increase customer self-sufficiency, and strengthen our presence in the broader database ecosystem.
- Design and develop on-demand and instructor-led curriculum for administrators running CockroachDB and developers building applications against it.
- Deliver engaging in-person and virtual trainings at public and customer locations and manage post-training assessment and activities.
- Build customer and train-the-trainer certification programs.
- Establish course design and delivery best practices and prepare and guide other trainers and curriculum designers.
- Develop technical expertise in CockroachDB and accompanying technologies.
- Collaborate with our Product, Support, and Sales teams to ensure effective curriculum that supports customer needs, and with our Documentation team to ensure an outstanding holistic customer experience across all educational content.
- Define the strategy and timing for scaling and specializing the training function.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and understand the value it brings to our customers; establish internal relationships across Product, Sales, and Support; and begin establishing best practices, assessing training tools, and optimizing our current training curriculum for live delivery.
After 60 days, you will be refining the requirements for customer certification, building out the on-demand and instructor-led curriculum we need for 2019, implementing training tools and best practices, and delivering live customer trainings.
- 7+ years of experience as a technical instructor, curriculum developer, instructional designer, or equivalent technical position.
- Passion for developing and delivering educational experiences that meet the real-world needs of customers, and for building internal and external relationships to get feedback and identify opportunities.
- Firm understanding of infrastructure technology and solutions, especially distributed databases.
- Proficiency with SQL, Linux, and one or more programming languages (Python, Go, Java, etc.).
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major.
- The ability to engage with various audiences and travel 25%-30%.
Reporting to Jesse Seldess - VP of Documentation
The CockroachDB mission is to make data easy. Jesse makes sure we write the docs counterpart to that mission: Make learning CockroachDB easy and intuitive. Previously, he spent four years at AppNexus building and leading a team of writers through a broad range of docs scenarios, from technical integrations to business use. In off hours, he’s probably make-believing with his kids, reading literature, or writing his own.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].