Trust & Governance Engineer at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We're looking for an Engineer to join our Security team with experience building governance, compliance, and privacy programs. Through collaboration with legal, internal audit, and technical teams, you’ll help guide DigitalOcean on how best to engage on security and privacy issues with our customers.
You'll report to the Manager of Trust & Governance, but you will need to act independently and consult with teams across the organization. As an Engineer you’ll be responsible for working with multiple stakeholders to identify, prioritize and implement technical changes to help improve our privacy and security programs. You’ll have direct interaction in refining security policies, managing vendor risk, enhancing our customer trust, and implementing privacy program requirements on one of the largest global public cloud environments.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and implement DigitalOcean’s security trust, governance, privacy, and compliance workflows and processes.
- Formalize DigitalOcean’s stance on privacy and compliance topics as it relates to our customer-base, the kinds of information we collect, and where that information may potentially be shared through the course of business.
- Manage communications and awareness campaigns for security and privacy topics to keep DigitalOcean employees and customers up to date with the latest developments.
- Support annual compliance recertifications (CSA, SOC II Report) and implement additional compliance offerings to provide further value to DigitalOcean customers
- Engage prospective customers on their security-related questions and queries. Work with our customer account managers to highlight our security and controls measures as a differentiator.
- Document DigitalOcean security policies, controls, and security risk management.
- Gather and report on metrics within the security compliance, governance, privacy and trust programs
- Comfort with a wide range of compliance and privacy regimes, and how they affect technology, hosting, and cloud companies.
- Demonstrated project management experience, for achieving cross-functional outcomes.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, virtualized environments, continuous integration & delivery environments, and software engineering practices.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating and coordinating with legal, internal audit, engineering, and infrastructure teams.
- A habit of approaching new problems with creativity and being comfortable working with ambiguity
- Ability to perform some level of data analysis using MySQL
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!