LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
At LeafLink, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day, and gaining & retaining this trust is critically important to LeafLink’s success. LeafLink is seeking an experienced people and strategy leader to help build our Trust and Safety Operations team. Reporting directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk & Compliance, in this role, you will be an integral member of LeafLink Inc.’s Trust & Safety team and help LeafLink enable rapid compliant growth in a highly regulated space.
The Trust and Safety team is responsible for responding to escalations on the platform quickly, effectively and empathetically to ensure our Marketplace customers have a high quality and safe experience. The team is responsible for a variety of safety concerns for our community, including but not limited to: Know-Your-Business (KYB) policies for Marketplace participants, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for clients of LeafLink Logistics & LeafLink Financial programs, fraud prevention and dispute investigation.
The Trust and Safety Manager will be responsible for end-to-end fraud management for LeafLink’s products, and will provide thought leadership, project management and operational execution for the design and implementation of risk management processes. This leader will provide direction, coaching, and mentorship to the Trust & Safety team and help shape the team's long-term vision, devise and drive enterprise goals, and identify opportunities to drive change to help LeafLink provide the best Marketplace experience for our community.Responsibilities
- Lead Trust and Safety Operations team and oversee strategic vision and tactical operations
- Oversee the operations of the T&S team to ensure we are adequately staffed and are within SLA for all of our work streams
- Build the best team. Hire, grow and coach T&S team members
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our work before they become a problem
- Advocate for safety on the Marketplace platform. Identify opportunities to better mitigate risk and increase trust
- Define objectives and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain buy-in, track results, and update progress to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to make decisions that will move our Trust and Safety vision forward
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant fields such as Trust and Safety,Marketplace operations, fraud and/or risk environment
- 3+ years of relevant management experience including experience managing people leaders
- Experience in assessing, analyzing and resolving issues with analytics and experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build partnerships and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work in ambiguous conditions in a fast-growth, and complex environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills and experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues. You are able to identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions
- Location: New York City, Austin, LA
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success