UX Engineer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Things About You
You call yourself a UX Engineer, UI Engineer, or a Front End Engineer with an eye for design. You are a self-starter that finds fulfillment acting as the bridge between product, design, and engineering. You love CSS and have strong opinions about it. You care about perceived performance and understand how to measure and fine tune it. You are an advocate for accessibility. Your feedback is always data-driven, and grounded in fundamental HCI principles. You are detail-oriented, organized, and you ship.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Tens of thousands of hungry Diners utilize our platform daily. Our goal is to provide building blocks for applications so that we can create beautiful experiences at every touch point. As part of the Design Systems team, you will work on a pattern library that has full support and usage across the entire company.
Read more about our system on our blog:
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, HCI or Design + relative experience
- 3+ years experience building scalable web applications
- Strong UX/UI sensibilities
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Experience creating delightful and performant animations for the web
- Experience with modern browsers and front end frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Sass/SCSS and CSS at scale
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices
- Digging for animation and performance bottlenecks
- Understanding the design process and/or familiarity with design tools (E.g. Sketch, Figma, Framer)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information