Vice President of Engineering at Lifion by ADP
At Lifion, we’re defining the future of work. Our platform is built on amazing open source technologies, consisting of an ecosystem of more than a hundred containerized microservices. As our VP of Engineering, you’ll be a results-focused technical leader who’s comfortable taking on overall responsibility for an organization of over 200 talented engineers to excel.
As an energetic technical leader, you’ll take ownership of our platform roadmap and help motivate and focus our organization to deliver strong results. Your technical background will enable you to appreciate the implications of key architectural, investment, and prioritization decisions. If you’re passionate about building high performing teams and enabling continuous developer productivity improvements, you could be the perfect addition to our team.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 10+ years of experience in product-focussed technology organizations
- Experience building distributed engineering teams and working with senior engineering leaders and architects.
- Experience with budget forecasting and making C-level presentations.
- Excellent team building skills with a strong ability to motivate and inspire talented engineers
- 8+ years of experience in leadership and managerial capacities with cross-disciplinary teams including infrastructure, software engineering, automated testing, and developer tooling
- 4+ years of experience with cloud providers
- Track record of evolving engineering team capabilities with recognized improvements
- Appetite for a demanding and rewarding role
- Full-stack software development knowledge - including modern technology stacks, public cloud services, container orchestration and scheduling frameworks, distributed databases, and UI frameworks
- Maintain hands-on interest in current technology trends
- Experience in a role managing two or more reporting levels
- Knowledge of low-code development platforms
- Background in microservices architecture and container orchestration and scheduling frameworks (Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS services including Aurora, Kinesis, SQS, DynamoDB