LeafLink is a marketplace that provides licensed cannabis retailers the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operation.
With over 2,200+ dispensaries and more than 700+ leading brands in 11 states, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. This year, LeafLink was named one of Fast Company's "Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise," joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink seeks a Director of Engineering to join our growing Product and Engineering team to lead and manage the following initiatives:
- Build a service-oriented team which includes a formal client-side team, a backend service teams focused on different domains, and a world-class public API team.
- Deliver modern but practical DevOps tools to increase productivity, quality of our software, and speed of development to situate a DevOps culture. In other words, the best damn deployment and development process possible.
- Architect and own infrastructure that is ready to run an entire industry’s commerce needs.
- Create a framework to organize great ideas into working software by encouraging teammates to organize considerations, best practices, experience, and concerns into actionable plans ready for execution.
- Create a framework for managing and growing talent.
- Position LeafLink as a leading startup software company with deep pride in quality, performance, and modern practices.
- 10+ years engineering software with experience across development, architecture, and DevOps.
- Identifiable track record for scaling notable applications by planning their future through infrastructure, design, team building, and architectural decisions and strategies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern software providers and vendors and how to squeeze value out of 3rd party services: we do not want to build what already exists.
- Has worked within various SDLC frameworks and will optimize a process that is ideal for LeafLink’s business objectives, products, and customer base.
- Can take an initiative and turn it into an actionable plan with committed engineers who are passionately committed.
- Is a thought leader in a specific technology and has presented, trained, consulted or coached.
- AWS infrastructure and latest offerings
- Docker & Jenkins
- Django & Celery
- 5+ years as a director or in a similar leadership role.
- High value for product management, understanding that to be successful, a high-functioning relationship must exist between product and engineering.
- Values that communication is the perpetual deliverable.
- Can take an initiative and turn it into an actionable plan with committed engineers to get passionately involved and make the plan a reality.
- Relentless drive to improve soft spots and champion successes through accountability.
- Track record for successful team-building abilities from recruiting to career growth.
- Extremely excited about the future of the cannabis industry and wants to be a driving force to having an efficient, compliant, an resilient supply chain through technology.
- Flexible PTO
- Benefit Contributions (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous stock options
- Team events
- Cool Swag
- Fun office environment
- Brand spanking new office in FiDi