VP of Engineering
SendFriend leverages the blockchain to make international consumer payments (remittances) significantly cheaper, faster, and more secure. We share and are motivated by the powerful mission of making consumer finance fairer for migrants in America.
Spun out of MIT, SendFriend is an award-winning venture-backed startup. Our backers include Techstars, 2020 Ventures, Ripple, 8 Decimal Capital, Barclays, MIT Media Lab, the MasterCard Foundation, Mahindra and leading angel investors. At MIT, we were the winner of the MIT Translational Innovation Award for our cutting-edge research on the blockchain.
With roots at The World Bank, MIT, MoneyGram, and Harvard Business School, our founding team came together to put our customers first. SendFriend is headquartered in New York City and is a member of RippleNet. SendFriend has been featured in American Banker, Fortune, CNBC, CoinDesk, Forbes, Seeking Alpha and other publications.
SendFriend is hiring a Head of or VP of Engineering. You will be responsible for building the engineering team and a culture of delivery. Working closely with marketing and operations you will be responsible for building an amazing new remittance service to challenge the legacy incumbents.
Working closely with the founding team, you will have the opportunity to take on significant responsibilities as we expand our team. If you are a self-starter, passionate, and intellectually curious; with a strong desire to make an impact as a key member of an early-stage startup, apply now.
- Build a team. Hire and manage a high performing engineering team that has a bias for action delivering high quality software products in the payments space.
- Build the tech. Build the back end and manage a cloud-based platform that can scale with our aggressive expansion plans.
- Own the relationship. Manage vendor and partner relationships to achieve outcomes that deliver a disproportionate value to the company. Work closely with Ripple on the development and evolution of the international remittance product.
- Be a Leader. Develop and communicate ideas for improving strategies, practices and approaches, and lead the successful implementation of those ideas. Work closely with the founding team to develop collective expertise in international remittances through digital channels.
- Amazing interpersonal and communication skills: Great with people and cross-cultural communications building high performing engineering teams.
- Amazing interpersonal and communication skills: Great with people and cross-culturaHighly Creative: Interested in developing a new, novel payment capability using blockchain & RippleNet to provide a new level of value to our customers.l communications building high performing engineering teams.
- Highly Motivated: Has initiative and takes ownership of assigned tasks, working independently with minimal supervision. Energetic, nimble and highly results-driven. Comfortable operating in a startup.
- Team Player: Willingness to contribute across functional areas and interested in problem-solving amidst ambiguity.
- Ideal Background: Relishes the challenge of building payment systems using Java, hibernate/spring, rest API’s while running in a PCI compliant AWS environment.
Perks & Benefits: Flexible work hours, Performance Bonuses, Office Perks, Employee Development Programs, Employee Discounts, Stock Options and/or Equity, Open Office Space
At SendFriend, our team members are equal parts driven, intellectually curious, and competitive. If you are passionate about building an exceptional product, working in an ambitious young team, and serving a hard-working community that should have access to better financial services options, then SendFriend may be the place for you. As hard as we work, we enjoy working and celebrating victories with our team just as much. If you think this describes you, read through our job description and contact us!