VP of Engineering
In a few sentences…
Rah Rah is an innovative and disruptive student life platform that enables college campuses to be more accessible for students, and in turn, provides university administration real-time insight into how campus offerings are being used. This intuitive and fun-to-use platform empowers students to create their most enriching lives on campus, and by rooting for students to thrive; we are rooting for a university’s success!
After some recent momentum gained with our business development, we are now building out our founding technical team to build, scale and execute with us. We’re backed by founders and leaders of a multi-billion dollar, industry-shifting company (Workday). You will get a chance to work directly with our founding team to provide true, long-term value to students and universities nationwide. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and us!) as you grow as a leader at Rah Rah.
The Vice President of Engineering will report to and work alongside the CTO, Sam Allen, at Rah Rah.
As the Vice President of Engineering you will take ownership of the engineering the technology we are bringing to market. You will have the opportunity to take considerable ownership for the technical development of our platform. Additionally, you will be one of the first hires of the company and will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture we are developing at Rah Rah. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to help build and bring to market a cutting-edge solution for colleges and universities to support students.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the engineering of our digital solution
- Support the design of the architecture of the product
- Develop technical roadmap for scaling the product
- Provide input and challenge for overall technical strategy
- Support the CEO and CTO with projects to bring new products and services to market
Skills We Are Seeing
- 5+ years in software development, including significant web application software and/or SAAS architecture experience
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with font-end languages for Android and Apple mobile operating systems.
- Expertise in distributed relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL
- Ability to manage other developers.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Crazy passionate about learning new stuff.
- Equity Ownership in Stock Options over a 4 Year Vesting Schedule (25% Year 1 and the rest vesting evenly over each month until Year 4) Opportunity for more ownership via reward/bonus is planned as well
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Monthly Commute Stipend
- Unlimited Vacation
- Monday Breakfast
- Friday Lunch